Followers

Pages

Saturday 7 December 2013

Stay Inspired

It is always good to know what inspires us. It could be courage, sacrifice, heroism or simply being human as much as our dreams, someone else's life or plainly the desire to excel. Those who know, know, that nothing is more cool, nothing works better and nothing is more rewarding than staying inspired in life. The goal and the path to it become more clear than ever to the one who finds inspiration in life. 

I discovered my inspiration for writing, in the first lines of "Shantaram" (G.D. Roberts) which indulges the reader in the unforgettable life experiences of the author. They read thusly:

"It took me a long time and most of the world to learn what I know about love and fate and the choices we make, but the heart of it came to me in an instant, while I was chained to a wall and being tortured. I realised, somehow, through the screaming in my mind, that even in that shackled, bloody helplessness, I was still free: free to hate the men who were torturing me, or to forgive them. It doesn't sound like much, I know. But in the flinch and bite of the chain, when it's all you've got, that freedom is a universe of possibility. and the choice you make, between hating and forgiving, can become the story of your life."

I had this 900+ page book in my hand which I had just begun and I couldn't get past the introductory passage for about almost an hour and I kept coming back to it, from the 150th, 330th and 800th pages. I just couldn't get over these words of Roberts.  

You may find such a point of inspiration irrelevant, ridiculous and laughable. Chances are that you may find it amazing as well. The truth, notwithstanding those perceptions, will remain that I am absolutely in awe of these immortal words which begin the book of Roberts. They contain such undeniable truth of life that it feels like the whole philosophy of everything has been emptied into them by their author. To take the matter further, the fact that many a times written words can cause life changing initiations, often becomes instantly evident to the ones who read them, as is abundantly manifest from the opening lines of "Shantaram". It inspires me everytime I sit down to write about my ideas. To distill my thinking into words that can be read, felt related to and remembered by the ones I write them for. The opening passage of "Shantaram" inspires me in that light. 

Likewise my motivation to strive for excellence in work, to be a doting folk and a caring friend and to stand up and speak against wrong and so on and so forth all owe their inspiration to external sources. I am not sure whether I would have done what I have done, had those sources been inexistent in my life. I have often therefore felt, that it doesn't matter how you are inspired as long as you are inspired rightly.

If you haven't found your inspiration yet, look to life, for there's always something inspiring unfolding around us. Find your inspiration and see the magic.

Stay Inspired.





11 comments:

  1. Very inspiring Anupam! Motivation to do something also begins with being true to oneself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ilakshee. I agree being honest with oneself is the starting point of all motivation

      Delete
  2. Everyone can tell, but, only a few can Inspire! It is all in your energy that Inspires! Not just words, what say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Sindhu. Actions can inspire bounds. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice lines indeed...Now i can pick up this thick book to read which has been lying on my rack for more than 1 year..U inspired me hence :-)

    http://shilp3005.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I / Should I not ??

    Kaatil Post Haiii,,,,Maaar Daaalaaa By Gawwdddddd

    My love of Life has been after me for 4 years to read this book..I am sure reading ut nowwww Thanks Buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha

      Shukriya. Waqt aa gaya "Shantaram" padhne ka

      Delete